Our June core value is The Kingdom is Family!
As our identities grow as sons and daughters of God adopted into His Kingdom family, we intentionally create healthy family in, around and through our lives.
In healthy family, we:
- know that everyone belongs, not based on behavior, but on who we are.
- honor each other with our thoughts, words, interactions, actions and lives.
- intentionally build covenant relationships, growing our capacity to trust and be trusted.
- joyfully call out the gold in each other.
- empower and confront one another in honor to live fully in our identities as sons and daughters, brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers.
- are loyal, which is most often tested and most radically demonstrated during times of conflict, misunderstanding, disagreement and/or failure.
- do not punish, ignore or abandon those who fail, instead we commit to helping to bring restoration.
- chose to submit to one another in love, choosing what is best, not only for ourselves, but for the entire environment.
- represent the Father, Son & Holy Spirit well, partnering with God to see His Kingdom manifest in and through us!
Scripture for further study on the core value The Kingdom is Family:
- Ephesians 1:5-6, 2:19; Matthew 12:48-50; Acts 2:41-47
- Philippians 2:3-4; Romans 12:9-21; Ephesians 5:21
- Ephesians 5:13; 1 Corinthians 13; Ruth 1:16-17
- Galatians 6:1-2; 1 Corinthians 4:14-17; Matthew 18:15