Our first and most foundational core value is that God is Good!
God describes Himself as our good, good Father. He is good and by nature in a good mood!
- He loves and protects and provides.
- He always turns things around for our good.
- He is slow to anger and abounding in love.
- He is gracious and compassionate and forgiving.
- He is the One who rescues.
- The One who protects.
- The One who heals.
- The One who is always present!
As our foundational belief system aligns to these truths, we begin to see that God is Good – all the time!
Scriptures for more study on the core value God is Good:
- Psalm 103:8–13; Acts 14:16-17; James 1:17–18
- 2 Peter 3:9; Matthew 7:11; Galatians 5:22–23
- Psalm 119:68; Zephaniah 3:17; Psalm 104
- Exodus 34:5–7; Acts 17:22-31; John 3:16–17
- Hebrews 1:2–3; John 14:6– 7; Isaiah 9:6
- Colossians 1:19, 2:9; John 1:1, 18; 8:1–11, 19
- Romans 8:28–32; Hebrews 11:6; Nahum 1:7
- James 1:12–18; Matthew 10:29–31; Acts 16:23–26
- John 10:10–11; 1 John 3:8; Acts 10:38
- 1 Peter 5:8–10; Ephesians 6:12; Mark 5:1–19
- Romans 10:15-17; Hebrews 13:7- 8; Acts 10:34-48
- Revelation 19:10; Psalm 44:1-5, 119:11; Mark 5:18-21
- Deuteronomy 6:17-24; I Chronicles 16:23–36; Joshua 4:1–9
Biblical declarations to start your day:
- God is my Good Shepherd. He laid down His life for me! (Psalm 23:1, John 3:16)
- God is good! He is my refuge and strength! He cares for me! (Nahum 1:7)
- God is good – all the way, all the time – and everything He does is good! (Psalm 119:68)
- God is my Father and He gives me good gifts! (James 1:17-18, Matthew 7:11)
- God shows His goodness to me every day! He provides for me and fills my heart with joy! (Acts 14:16-17)
- I see the goodness of my God and I celebrate it! (Psalm 27:13, Exodus 33:19)